The foodie's challenge

The challenge set for me is this. Eat at all top 100 restaurants as decided by Gourmet Traveller in 2007. Completion deadline: mid-January 2009. That's two years in which to dine at each of the 100 restaurants chosen by Gourmet Traveller in their 2007 restaurant guide. Quite a challenge when you consider that these restaurants are not all located in our country's capital cities. Many are in regional centres. Join me on my journey!

Current tally: 55 out of 100 dining experiences completed. More posts to come.

Please note, that the views expressed herein are those only of the author. They are only opinions, and the author recognises that others may disagree.

Sunday, October 7, 2007

North Bondi Italian Food, Sydney

This is my local. I love this place, and if I had more money, I would choose this as my place to eat every day. The vibe here is just great and the food is equally good.

Lots of Bondi locals eat here and love it. Start with the house special - Campari with freshly squeezed pink grapefruit juice. The wine list is limited, but a good variety of Italian and Australian wines. The bread is great, as is the unlimited olive oil.

Everything I've tried on the menu here has been a hit. Spaghetti crab in a bag, the meatball roll, the biggest meat portions you can imagine. The daily menu special, like spatchcock on Mondays, is fabulous and a great way to get me back through the door on a Monday. The sides are all good too.

One frustration with North Bondi Italian is that you can't book. So, get there early, whether it's for lunch or dinner. Why not, when you can then enjoy the time passing with one of the greatest beach views in Australia. An outdoor table is great if it's not windy.

North Bondi Italian Food is at 118 Ramsgate Ave, North Bondi 02 9300 4400.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Eve- I cannot agree with you more! i love your blog and foodie idea and have added it to my list (thelaralist.blogspot.com) - as I'm sure I will be dining at more places with you on your quest!

Lots of love - Lara :)