The foodie's challenge

The challenge set for me is this. Eat at all top 100 restaurants as decided by Gourmet Traveller in 2007. Completion deadline: mid-January 2009. That's two years in which to dine at each of the 100 restaurants chosen by Gourmet Traveller in their 2007 restaurant guide. Quite a challenge when you consider that these restaurants are not all located in our country's capital cities. Many are in regional centres. Join me on my journey!

Current tally: 55 out of 100 dining experiences completed. More posts to come.

Please note, that the views expressed herein are those only of the author. They are only opinions, and the author recognises that others may disagree.

Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Lucio's, Sydney

This little gem is hidden away in Paddington where word of mouth alone will find it! I recently went for lunch with some colleagues and we enjoyed our experience immensely. From the moment we were greeted at the door we knew we were going to be looked after. The kaleidoscope of artworks on the walls is fascinating. Every style, and every colour is represented, I'm sure.

We ordered some wine, and though it was a long time in coming, we received updates on the search for the elusive bottle of pinot gris I had selected. The communication and humour was very much appreciated.

The menu and specials were explained to us and when I asked if we could have three stuffed zucchini flowers for an entree to share, rather than the two as catered for on the menu, I was assured that nothing would be a problem. The zucchini flowers, delicately stuffed with crab and feta were sublime and served with a light, fresh salsa. The menu made it difficult to choose, but I was very happy with my choice of murray cod with blood orange segments and red witlof. I also got to try the dishes of my colleagues and was not disappointed there either. The pasta was so well balanced, I almost had food envy.

The deserts created a problem however. Everything looked good, yet we didn't want to share a desert plate, as each of us has a sweet tooth. We ordered three individual deserts and shared those. We were not disappointed, though my chocolate pudding was so rich that I was unable to finish it.

I look forward to going back.

Lucio's is at 47 Windsor Street, Paddington. Ph. 9380 5996.



All in all, a beautiful afternoon, in a great little place. I will most definitely go back.

No comments: